2. NO OF TRADE(S) Started with four trades
i.e. Electrician, Fitter, Wireman & Welder (G&E)
3. YEAR OF SHIFTING Shifted from ITI Guwahati to Barpeta on its permanent site on November-1971
4. HEAD OF THE INSTITUTE The Superintendent is the Head of the Institute & the first Superintendent was Sri Kusha Bora.
5. TRAINING STAFF In 1971, there were 11 no’s training
Staffs along with the Supervisor
Sri Tulshi Nath Hazarika.
6. OFFICE STAFF In 1971, there were 4 office staffs
along with Sri Ganesh Ch Roychoudhury
as the Upper Division Assistant.
7.NEW TRADE(S) INTRODUCE (1) Cutting & Tailoring Trade was
introduced in the year 1984.
(2) In 1985, Stenography(English) trade
(3) Mechanic Motor Vehicle(MMV)trade
was introduced in the year 1988.
(4) Again in August 2005 four new trade
were introduced under PM’s N.E.S Package.
(i) Mechanic Electronics
(ii) Mech Ref & Air Condition
(iii) Hair & Skin Care
(iv) COPA (Computer Operator &